Pediatric Dentist – Part Time
To the dental office’s mission to provide the highest level of continuously improving quality medical, dental, and behavioral care, health education and preventive services possible. Embrace values of Service to Others:
• Excellent Teamwork
• Do the Right Thing
This job exists to: Provide high quality dental care that is culturally appropriate and prevention focused. Serves as a leader on the dental team contributing to the smooth, efficient, operation of the team, the Site and the Organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides care in the following disciplines of pediatric dental practice: diagnosis, preventative dentistry, operative dentistry, sedation, periodontics, pulpal therapy, oral surgery and orthodontics.
• Expands and maintains rapport with the dental community in the service area (e.g., interacts appropriately with other dental personnel outside of dental office; actively seeks to broaden our referral network).
• Acquires and maintains hospital privileges at the local hospital, if applicable.
• Engages actively with dental provider team in determining clinical guidelines for dental program and complies with established Dental Office Standards of Care.
• Engages as an equal and partnering member of the team to provide top-of-the skill set care throughout all levels of the team.
• Supports and teaches team members at the office.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of pediatric dental practice, including accepted and evidence-based behavior management, and risk-based care practices.
• Ensures optimal access to care through clinical productivity and a willingness to consider and address patient barriers to care.
• Engages effectively with team members outside of dental and supports overall integration of dental office systems, particularly between medical and dental clinical teams.
• Provides Human Resources staff the needed documentation, paperwork, and signatures to complete credentialing and privileging (initial and biannual).
• Is respectful and responsive to staff and patients (is approachable by other staff, demonstrates good team work by offering and receiving feedback appropriately).
• Handles ongoing daily clinical work in a timely and thorough manner.
• Exhibits positive leadership skills, actively striving to improve the patient and staff experience of the dental office, as well as strong communication skills, including but not limited to motivational interviewing.
• Collaborates well with teammates, both on a clinical level (e.g., seeks/provides guidance and feedback to supervised/supervising clinician) as well as on a managerial and administrative level (e.g., follows dental office’s procedures around requesting/taking time off).
• Effective use of the electronic dental and health records (EDR, EHR), registries and templates.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintains a safe work environment by remaining informed of and compliant with the dental office’s safety policies, and in particular by application of safe practices in area of own responsibility.
• Knowledgeable of and compliant with laws and regulations governing area of responsibility. Responsible for reporting any potentially noncompliant conduct.
• Cooperates fully with our Compliance Officer in upholding our Compliance Plan
• Leadership and modeling of the dental office’s values.
Requirements: Education / Experience
• DDS/DMD degree from an accredited University
• Active State Dental Board license
• Certificate from an accredited pediatric residency program
• Current Oral Conscious Sedation certificate
• Current Malpractice Insurance
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Ability to diagnose and treat dental and oral disease.
• Working knowledge of the principles, standard practices methods, and techniques of dentistry.
• Knowledge of preventative dentistry, risk-based care, and educational/communication methodologies utilized in prevention.
• Skill in oral operative techniques and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and staff.
• Ability to work in a team-based care environment required.
• Understanding and application of practices and principles of quality improvement (QI) preferred.